Monday, December 1, 2014

Yo Yo Familia 12/1/2014

Hey Guys,

I got my package on Wednesday last week when I went into the mission office, and needless to say Elder Lumbreras and I had an early Christmas in our house. Haha Thank you for everything in the package. We both already finished all of our candies, but we were both very happy. Elder Lumbreras said to me that he will remember that for the rest of his life, and that he is very thankful that you did that for him. He just kept saying how awesome our family is.

The new misson debit will be here in a month, because it comes from Salt Lake church headquarters, but I used 50 of my cash today to exchange for pesos, and the exchange rate was 665 pesos for 50 dollars, which is actually really good. And yes, my drivers license was in my wallet as well. Also it had my AETNA card in it, so I hope that isn't too much of a problem.

I hope you guys had an awesome thanksgiving!!! It is true that I will be home for the next one at our house. Time is already starting to fly in the mission! I was told by my Zone Leaders, and also by Elder Lumbreras that I could very well be a senior companion in the next two weeks, which kinda scares me a little bit because my Spanish still is not great. I can talk well in lessons with investigators, but in normal conversation I usually stand there like an awkward gringo.

I have not taken a whole lot of pictures, because we aren't supposed to take too many pictures outside of the apartment, but I will start carrying it with me more and take pictures of me with Elders in the mission. And maybe I will be able to get one with President Cordova sometime. He is such a nice guy. We had stake conference yesterday, and he came up to me after and asked how my spanish was. I gave him my response in Spanish, and I think he was just happy that I could speak that much. Him and his wife are very nice people.

The food hasn't been too bad lately. I really only feel sick from too much food. haha I am not used to eating as much food as Mexicans do. I had one bad week with "Montezumas Revenge" and that was outer darkness...haha But I made a note in my journal to show you my entries around the time when I was very sick, because they are pretty funny(if I say so myself).

I have one new investigator family, the mom is named Monica, and they have 3 kids, and 2 are pretty young. They are kinda weird though, because they keep inviting us over but they have those typical answers about not wanting to change their religion, and how we believe in the same stuff as other religions so there is no reason to convert. But we really hope that we can get to them, and hopefully even get them to the temple after they get baptized. The only time we get to go to the temple is if one of our families is being sealed.

I am not sure about skype on Christmas, I think I should be able to skype with you guys but I don't know for sure. I really hope so.

My spanish is starting to come along, but I really still suck so bad, but its like we say in espaƱol poco a poco. Which basically means a little at a time.

That is so cool that Tasi enters the MTC on wednesday. I am so excited for him to embark on his mission as well. You'll have to tell the ward that I am doing well, and that I am happy. I have good days and bad days with happiness, but for the most part I stay happy. I had one day where I was just really homesick. Especially since I am a whole country away instead of just 45 minutes away. I find that having the family pictures really helps. I have one of them hanging by my bed, and the other one is on my study desk.

So are you going to be able to get me a new license even though I am in Mexico? Hopefully they will be nice about it given the circumstances.

Dad: How has work been going for you?  I hope things have been going well. Thats too bad about Claudio. How is he doing now? Any better? Hopefully he can get feeling better very soon.

Mom: How has your week been with the pups? Are Murphy and Max still doing really well? I sometimes really miss having those guys running around. Have you been watching the price is right? You gotta keep the tradition alive mom. :)

Alex: Hey bro! How has work been for you this week? Any trouble, or frustrations? I hope that all of it has gone well for you. I saw the commercial for the new Halo in a members house, and it looks sweet. Hopefully it is a lot of fun for you to play. We will have to play it when I get home from the mission. I miss you bro and I hope things continue to go well for you.

Kenzie and Justin: How are my sister and brother in-law? That is too bad about Koda. Poor guy. I hope that work is going well for both of you, and that you guys are happy. I pray for you always and hope that you guys don't miss me too much. :) I cant wait to see you both again. I miss you guys so much and pray for you always.

Sydney: Hows my little sister doing? I hope that school and everything continues to go well for you. I heard about your talk and read some of it, that was an awesome talk. Always remember how important the Gospel is in your life. Read the scriptures, pray, and have a lot of faith. Miss ya sister. Have a good day.

I don't have a lot more time, but I love you guys and pray for you always. Have a good rest of the day!!

-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment