Saturday, October 25, 2014

Hodge podge of Emails from today

Hey everyone!!
I am going to be online until a little after 11:00. So I am online to chat back and forth for a little bit. I can't wait to hear from everyone for a little while. It'll be nice to actually have time to talk to everyone for a little bit. And I will have some time to respond to personal e-mails, So whatever you have to ask or say, bring it on. :)
I love you guys

Hey Dad,
I think I will need another one of the SD card adapters if you can do that. I think someone stole it from me, and I want to be able to send pictures to you guys. I'm not sure what happened to it at all, so I just want to be able to send you pictures still.
The district is doing really well. I don't know if I told you guys yet, But I have been made district leader. And I feel like it is going pretty well so far. The only thing I am not looking forward to is Sundays. Other than Sacrament and priesthood, I have to go to meetings with the Branch Presidency pretty much all day. Now I know how it feels to be in a bishopric in a way. Haha
I am so glad that we have some time to just talk back and forth a little bit. It makes my P-day just that much better. And I still love getting letters each day. All of the Elders in the district like to say that it is our daily Christmas when we go to check the mail. The letters seriously mean so much to me.
-Nick

Hey Mom,
I really liked the package. It was great. :) thank you guys for the pictures, and for the banner signed by Bronco. That is so cool!
I told Dad this, but I need a new SD card adapter, because I don't know what happened to mine, so if you could do that I would be very appreciative.
I am on the other side for about another 40 minutes, so If you have any questions or anything, lay them on me!
I love you
-Nick

Dad,
That's what I thought too when I was made District Leader. I thought of that line in my patriarchal blessing too. That would be cool if you could come to my classes. I learn so much from the teachers that I have. It could be a day in the life of Elder Carbine. :) I will have to teach you some basic Spanish when I get back for when we go to Veracruz on vacation, but you probably won't have to worry too much, I will be able to translate for you whenever it is needed. :)
The pez dispenser was perfect. Haha It made me happy. Along with all of the pictures.  It made me happy to see all of you, and to even see the dogs.
I'm still here for a little while, so keep questions coming. :)
-Nick

Mom,
Thank you for getting me another adapter. I really don't even know what happened to it. I really didn't see myself becoming district leader. But obviously my Branch President, President Sanchez saw more in me than I did. And I really think that some of it has to do with what it said in my patriarchal blessing about me being a leader. That's what dad told me too.
My P-days are always planned out, so I don't usually have too much time for fun plans. It'll be so much more different in the field. But today the guys in my dorm decided that we were just going to skip breakfast and sleep in. You have no idea how good that felt to even sleep in an extra hour.
My travel plans should be here this next Friday, and my VISA is fine because I went to the consulate in Salt Lake. That finalizes the visa, and just makes sure we are who we say we are.
I am still here for a little bit!
I love you too!!
-Nick

Dad,
One cool spiritual experience I had is teaching one of the practice investigators. I keep finding that I will say something in spanish, and realize that I forget what I said right after. It just solidifies my testimony that the Gift of Tongues is a real thing.
I find that the hardest thing about the MTC has to be how many classes we have. I find that I haven't been able to read the Book of Mormon as much as I have wanted to, but I still get in as much as I can. What I like best has to be learning how to teach. It is still stressful, but it is so cool.
Tell syd that her response will be there soon. :)
-Nick

Thank you guys for writing me today!
You have no idea how much it makes my day to talk to you, and makes me feel like I am back home with all of you guys. The pictures made me feel that way too. I love seeing pictures of our family, and being able to see you without seeing you.
I do have an idea what this hour means to you, because it means a lot to me too. It seriously is like Christmas each P-day.
I am out of time, but I just want you guys to know how much I love you. I know I didn't say it enough, but I really do love you guys so much.
Thank you for chatting with me today. It seriously made my day.
I love you guys so much!
-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment